APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 1st
The Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada (AWFC) has limited funds for small grants (up to a maximum of $2000 per club) available for animal welfare clubs at Canadian universities to support their activities.
AWFC asks clubs to direct this funding to educational activities that promote animal welfare aimed at club members, the student population in general and, where possible, the general public, to ensure the largest possible impact. Funds should not be used to support the veterinary care of individual animals on campus.
See past student club recipients to learn more about the type of projects we have funded in previous years.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the form provided. You will need to include a description of proposed activities and a budget for planned expenditures in the coming year. In addition, clubs are required to provide a report on the previous year’s activities, including how the funds from the AWFC were spent. Please also include photos illustrating club activities (which may also be posted on AWFC’s website and Facebook), and a link to the club’s website, if one exists.
Deadline for proposals is November 1st of each year. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clubs will be informed of AWFC’s funding decisions by the end of December.
WHAT WE DO FUND:
- Guest Speaker travel costs and honorariums for lectures and conferences
- Venue and audio/visual equipment rental costs
- Marketing and hosting of animal welfare club public outreach activities
- Extracurricular animal welfare education field trips
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND:
- Food/drink at events, conferences or lectures
- Bursaries and scholarships other than those managed by the AWFC
- Operational expenses (one-time or on-going)
- Costs for projects that have commenced or were completed prior to application
- Capital campaigns/expenses or building infrastructure costs
- Veterinary or direct animal care expenses
HOW TO DONATE
Donations may be made online through our digital donations partner, CanadaHelps.org, by clicking on the Donate Now button below. A tax receipt will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of your donation. Donations may also be made by cheque and mailed to:
The Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada
#643 – 1231 Pacific Boulevard
Vancouver, BC V6Z 0E2